A preheader or preview text is a short piece of copy that appears below the subject line in many email clients, like Gmail and Outlook, that gives the reader a sneak peek at the email.
One of the first things your audience sees when reading emails is the preview text. It's important for this first impression to be inviting and clear so that your audience is more likely to open the campaign. Preheaders are the last shot to impress your readers before they scroll on through their inbox, leaving your email campaign unopened and unread.
Customizing your Preheader
1. In the Email Campaigns tab, select + Create new email:
2. Select the template you'd like to use -- you can choose from your templates or previously sent campaigns, the professional templates Tailwind provides, or you can create an email campaign from scratch.
In this example, we'll Start from scratch.
3. Click on Select below the option Start with the essentials.
4. Drag and drop a row from the Rows tab at the top your email content.
5. Drag and drop an HTML Content block into your new row.
6. Copy and paste the following code in the Content Properties for the newly created HTML content block:
This is where the Pre-Header text would go
This is where the Pre-Header text would go with your text.
Your Pre-Header is now set! 🎉 Finish designing your campaign and make sure to test it before hitting that Send button.
Helpful Tip: Use preheaders to be specific with personalized calls to action and details to draw your audience in, like the topics that interest them.
Have more questions or need help? Contact our Customer Success Team using the question mark icon in the bottom left corner of your dashboard, or email us at [email protected].