Dynamic email content -- content that changes based on the data you have about your subscribers -- provides subscribers a more personalized user experience. With this approach, you can improve your user engagement, build long-lasting relationships with your audience, and save time.
You can group your subscribers by shared characteristics like location, gender, or age by adding attributes to your mailing list, which can affect the way the email content displays for each recipient.
Adding display conditions to your list is as easy as following these steps:
1. Add an attribute to your contact list. For more information about adding attributes to your list, check out our article.
2. Once you add and save your attribute, head back to the Email Campaigns tab of your dashboard and edit an existing campaign or create a new campaign:
3. Select the Rows menu in the email designer and drag-and-drop your row into the email content:
4. Select the row in your email content and click Add Condition in the Row Properties menu:
5. Configure your display condition in the window that appears:
You'll need to set the following fields:
Name: Provide a name for this display condition.
Description: Describe what your display condition will do. In this case, the block will appear for the client whose City attribute equals New York.
Before: In this specific case, add the code:
[IF `City` = “New York”]
New York is the text associated with the attribute City. An attribute can be gender, age, country, etc.
After: Enter the code
6. Click Confirm when you have finished the configuration.
7. Select the eye icon to preview the display condition:
8. Select your row display conditions from the drop-down menu in Preview mode:
You've set your display condition! 🎉 It will show in the Row Properties menu:
Have more questions or need help? Contact our Customer Success Team using the question mark icon in your dashboard, or email us at [email protected].