Check out the following three sections to get your Instagram account successfully connected to Facebook!
1) Setting up an Instagram Business Account
On Instagram, you’ll have the option of setting your account as Personal, Business, or Media Creator. To take full advantage of Tailwind and game-changing features like Auto Post, you’ll want to ensure your account is set as a Business account. It’s totally free and easy to set up!
- First, go to your Instagram Profile and hit the menu in the top right "☰"
- Next, go to Settings > Account > Switch to Professional Account
- Make sure and choose Business
You'll then have the option of connecting your Instagram Business Account to a Facebook Page. A connection to a Facebook Page is required by Facebook in order to complete the Auto Post process and take advantage of all of Tailwind for Instagram's features.
You might have skipped the part of connecting to a Facebook Page when initially setting up your Instagram Business Account, so read below to learn how to get connected! 😃
2) What if I have an Instagram Business Account but no Facebook Page?
No problem! You can create (or connect) a Facebook Page in either the Instagram app or the Facebook app.
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device
- Go to your profile
- Tap Edit Profile
- Under Public Business Information, tap Connect or Create under Page
- Choose to either create a new Page or connect an existing one!
Facebook: (Desktop or Mobile App)
- Go to Facebook
- Click the flag icon to select Facebook Pages or go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/create
- Then, choose Create Page and choose a name for your Page
- Once you have created the Page, you can then connect it to your Instagram account by going to the Page's Settings > Instagram > Connect Account
On the Facebook mobile app, Page Settings is located in the gear icon in the upper right.
Once you created a Facebook Page or connected it to your IG account, head back over to Tailwind to finish the connection process!
3) Connecting Tailwind to Facebook
The final step is just granting Tailwind permission to Auto Post to both the Instagram account and the Facebook Page (optional).
Back in Tailwind, you should see a prompt to connect Facebook for Auto Post (this may also be an orange banner at the top of the page). Clicking to connect will open up Facebook and allow you to choose what Tailwind has access to.
🎗️ Key Step!
Make sure that anytime you're taken to Facebook to connect that you ensure you have the correct Instagram accounts and Facebook Pages selected, along with all permissions.
Click Edit Settings and ensure all accounts are selected:
From here, once you select the right Instagram accounts and Pages, finishing this process should now complete the Auto Post setup! Woohoo! 🎉
If you've tried going through these steps but continue getting messages about not being connected, don't lose hope! Check out these steps to make sure everything is checked:
- The Instagram Account is connected to the right Facebook Page (see section 2 for checking this) ✅
- The Instagram account is set up as a Professional (Business) account ✅
- Check that you are logged into the right personal Facebook Profile (must be admin or owner of the Facebook Page you're connecting to) ✅
- 🎗️ Select the correct Instagram Business Accounts (section 3) ✅
- 🎗️ Select the correct Facebook Pages (section 3) ✅
- 🎗️ Select all of the permissions for Tailwind (section 3) ✅
You might also try disconnecting and then reconnecting the Instagram account with the Facebook Page.
Following Section 2
- On Facebook, navigate to the Page you're wanting to connect IG to
- Next, go to the Page Settings > Instagram > click "Disconnect" at the bottom
- On the Instagram app, go to your Profile > Edit Profile > choose the Facebook Page listed and then disconnect
- Once the Instagram account is completely disconnected from Facebook, repeat these steps in reverse order
- In the Facebook Page's Settings, choose to "Connect Account" and connect the Instagram account
- Then, on the Instagram app, make sure the Page is connected there as well
- Head back over to Tailwind and try the process again
Lastly, if you still can't seem to get your Facebook Page connected, you might try removing the Facebook Integration from Tailwind. To do that:
- Go to the Business Integration settings page on Facebook here
- Click and remove the Tailwind integration
- Head back to your Tailwind account, refresh the page, and try going through the re-connect prompts again
If you run into any snags or have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer success team at email@example.com or via the blue question mark inside the app and we'd be happy to help!