Check out the following three sections to get your Instagram account successfully connected to Facebook!
1) Setting up an Instagram Business Account
On Instagram, you’ll have the option of setting your account as Personal, Business, or Media Creator. To take full advantage of Tailwind and game-changing features like Auto Post, you’ll want to ensure your account is set as a Business account. It’s totally free and easy to set up!
- First, go to your Instagram Profile and hit the menu in the top right "☰"
- Next, go to Settings > Account > Switch to Professional Account
- Make sure and choose Business
You'll then have the option of connecting your Instagram Business Account to a Facebook Page. A connection to a Facebook Page is required by Facebook in order to complete the Auto Post process and take advantage of all of Tailwind for Instagram's features.
You might have skipped the part of connecting to a Facebook Page when initially setting up your Instagram Business Account, so read below to learn how to get connected! 😃
2) What if I have an Instagram Business Account but no Facebook Page?
No problem! You can create a Facebook Page and connect your Instagram Business Account to it from either Tailwind or Facebook.
- In the Dashboard, simply follow the on-screen steps when first signing up to get your account connected with Facebook for Auto Posting (or click on the orange banner at the top)
- When you get to the screen that asks which Facebook Page you want to connect to, choose Create Page
- Head over to the Insights tab and follow the prompt to get started
In Facebook: (Desktop or Mobile)
- Go to Facebook
- Click the flag icon to select Facebook Pages
- Choose Create Page
🎗️ Key Step!
Make sure that anytime you're taken to Facebook to connect that you ensure you have the right Instagram accounts and Facebook Pages selected, along with all permissions.
Click Edit Settings and ensure all accounts are selected:
From here, you should have created (or connected) a Facebook Page tied to your Instagram Business Account and can now complete the Auto Post setup! Woohoo! 🎉
If you've tried going through these steps but continue to get messages saying your account is disconnected, don't lose hope! Check out these steps to make sure everything is checked:
- The Instagram account is set up as a Professional (Business) account ✅
- Check that you are logged into the right Facebook Profile (must be admin or owner of the Facebook Page you're connecting to) ✅
- 🎗️ Select the correct Instagram Business Accounts ✅
- 🎗️ Select the correct Facebook Pages (create one if none exist) ✅
- 🎗️ Select all of the permissions for Tailwind ✅
Lastly, if you still can't seem to get your Facebook Page connected, you might try removing the Facebook Integration from Tailwind. To do that:
- Go to the Business Integration settings page on Facebook here
- Click and remove the Tailwind integration
- Head back to your Tailwind account, refresh the page, and try going through the re-connect prompts again
If you run into any snags or have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer success team at email@example.com or via the blue question mark inside the app and we'd be happy to help!