Note: To take advantage of Tailwind's Auto Post method you must first Convert your Instagram account to a business account if you haven’t already.
When scheduling a post to Instagram through Tailwind, there are two options to choose from depending on how you want your posts to go out.
Note: Some features like Carousel Posts and Stories are only available with Push Notification.
1. Auto Post
You can choose to Auto Post to have Tailwind automatically publish to your Instagram Feed when the scheduled time comes.
Auto Post also gives you additional features like
- posting hashtags in the first comment
- tagging another Instagram profile
- selecting a location
- cross-posting to Facebook and Pinterests
Remember: This option is only available with an Instagram Business Account -- see link above to see how to convert your account to Business.
2. Push Notification
You can also choose Push Notification if you use the Tailwind Mobile App to receive a notification on your mobile device when it's time to post.
Simply tap the notification when you receive it on your phone and follow the steps to open your Post in the Instagram app. You will be able to quickly paste your caption and hashtags into the Instagram app and post!
How to change your posting method
On the Drafts page, simply click on a Post you want to schedule and change the posting method below the image in the section Post Method.
Note: You can change the posting method on Posts that are already scheduled as well by clicking on the Scheduled Posts page and then clicking on any scheduled Posts you want to edit.
- Using Auto Post is the most convenient method because you can post at any time, even when you're not available.
- Your Instagram account must be a business account to use Auto Post. Personal accounts and Creator accounts must use Push Notifications.
- Cropping within the Tailwind Dashboard is only available for the Auto Post method. If you wish to crop in the Instagram app, use Push Notifications.
- Adding scheduled Location Tags (scheduling geotags) and scheduled User Tags is only available when using Auto Post, however, you will still be able to choose a location or user tag in Instagram when you post using Push Notifications.
- Automatically adding your hashtags to the first comment of your post is only available when using Auto Post.
If you have any other questions, use the Get Help button in Settings or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.