As part of our anti-spam policy, a physical street address must be included in your email. This can also help facilitate the opt-out process, preventing complaints and it will also help improve delivery. In order to protect subscribers (and yourself), if a physical address is not included, you will not be able to schedule your campaign.
There are two ways to do add your address to your email campaign:
Change your physical address
When you get started with the email editor, you will be required to enter your company information. If you ever need to edit your address, you can do so from the Email Settings tab.
Just select Email Settings in the top navigation and enter the correct physical address.
Add your physical address in the Email Designer
Your company address will be pulled from the Company profile page anywhere you add the text [CLIENTS.ADDRESS] in your email. (We suggest the footer. 😉 )
Here's how to quickly add your physical address to an existing campaign:
1. In the Email Campaigns tab, select your campaign email template and click the pencil icon to open the Email Designer:
4. Type [CLIENTS.ADDRESS] where you want your physical address to appear and personalize it with text color, size, etc.
5. You can also add the physical address field without typing! Just select the Row you'd like your address to appear, then click Merge tags and select Full Address.
You will be able to see the result on the next page, where you can schedule the campaign.
Note: If the system cannot detect the merge field from the address in the campaign, it will add it at the bottom automatically.
Add your physical address in the HTML Editor
You can also easily add your physical address if you're creating your template from your own HTML code.
1. To create a new HTML template, select + Create new email under the Email Campaigns tab:
2. Under Start from scratch, select Start with your own code:
3. Paste/write your code on the left part of the page, then click on Upload and edit.
7. Type [CLIENTS.ADDRESS] where you want your physical address to appear. You can then personalize your email with text color, size, etc.
Have more questions or need help? Contact our Customer Success Team using the question mark icon in the bottom left corner of your dashboard, or email us at [email protected].