We know -- the thought of someone clicking that unsubscribe link is sad! But campaigns should always include an unsubscribe link.
It's possible that subscribers might decide that they no longer want to receive emails from you -- that's okay! However, you still need to give them the option to unsubscribe, otherwise, they may mark your emails as spam!
You'll leave subscribers with a better impression of your brand when subscribers opt out of your list through a valid unsubscribe link in your message.
There are two ways you can add an Unsubscribe link to the email campaign you're building in Tailwind:
Important Note: Sending out emails to someone who has unsubscribed from your list is illegal and spammy, so make sure to follow the proper procedure on how to deal with unsubscribes.
Add your unsubscribe link with the email designer
When the system does not recognize the merge field of the unsubscribe link in the campaign, it will add it at the bottom automatically. It is best to highlight and add [UNSUBSCRIBE] like a hyperlink to avoid this. Here's how:
1. In the Email Campaigns tab, click the pencil icon next to your campaign name to open the email designer.
2. Scroll to the footer of your campaign preview to locate your unsubscribe text.
4. Highlight your unsubscribe text and select the Insert link option in the editor menu.
5. Link your unsubscribe field to the URL [UNSUBSCRIBE]
Add your unsubscribe link in the HTML Editor
If you're starting from scratch with your own HTML code, you can still add an Unsubscribe link!
1. In the Email Campaigns tab, select + Create new email:
2. Select the Start from scratch option and then click Select below Start with your own code:
3. Paste/write your code on the left part of the page. When you're finished adding your code, click Upload and edit.
4. In the content editor, highlight your Unsubscribe text. Link your unsubscribe field to the URL [UNSUBSCRIBE] using the link option in the editing menu.
Have more questions or need help? Contact our Customer Success Team using the question mark icon in the bottom left corner of your dashboard, or email us at [email protected].