Absolutely, it is important to know which Communities will work best for you and your PowerUp limits. That is why we created an easy way to Preview a Community before joining! The Preview mode is pretty powerful in that it lets you view the Community as if you were actually in it, but doesn't yet count towards your Community Join limit.
When previewing Communities, consider the quality of the content in the Community, the importance of the niche to you, and the value of the time you might save Scheduling content from that Community as compared with trying to curate that content in other ways.
- Go to the Communities page (located in the pop-out menu in the left hand navigation).
2. At the top left, click on "Find a Community." This is how you can utilize a search function to look for Communities that could be really interesting to you!
3. On the Find a Community page, there are two options to choose from. The first is to type in a keyword or category to pull up all related Communities. The second is to choose from the section of popular categories of Communities you might like.
4. After entering in your search phrase, the relevant Communities will show up below. Found a Community that looks interesting? Click on the "Preview Community" button to Preview the Community before joining. This will allow to check out the content already in the Community as well as get a closer look at the metrics of Re-Shares and Repins that this Community has generated.
Helpful Tip: The "Open Community Requests" Tab shows you how many Communities you've requested to join if that Community isn't public. You can only request to join 5 at a time, so if you've filled those up, just wait a bit until you get approved.
5. The Preview mode of a Community lets you check out a lot of neat stuff, kinda like being in the Community but not yet counting towards your limit of the number of Communities you can be apart of. You can tell that this is a preview by the "Your are previewing this Community with limited access" bar, this means you have NOT yet joined this Community and cannot share or submit yet. If all looks well, click "Join Now" (or request to join) to gain access to the Community. Look at the “Community Overview” to see how impactful this Community has been overall for its members and balance those numbers against the size of the Community.
To evaluate a Community you are in look at the “Your Results” section and your weekly Communities summary email to see how impactful that Community has been for you over time compared to other Communities you are in. Remember that as soon as you leave a Community all of your content will disappear from that Community (this prevents people from dumping content into a Community and leaving), so once you’ve found a good fit, it pays to stick with it.