You cannot Auto Post image sets to Instagram, so all Carousel posts will use the Push Notification method.
Note: Since the Push Notification method relies on a mobile device, please ensure you have a recently updated version of the mobile app for Carousel posting.
Uploading a post
To start, you can upload an image or video to the Drafts section by selecting the green Create New Post button, then choose Multiple Image.
Tip: You can add up to 10 images or videos per multi-image post.
You can also select the Add Multiple Images button below an existing draft that you'd like to turn into a Carousel post.
Once your images are uploaded, you can open your draft post and you will see the Edit Images button directly under the image. You will then have the option to move the image sequence around how you'd like them to show on Instagram. (You'll also have the ability to add more by selecting the + option.)
When you put all your images in the perfect Carousel sequence, select the X at the top of the window. This will take you back to edit the post draft. You will then notice the button changes to Edit Image and there will be a small Carousel symbol in the top left corner.
From there, you can add in your caption and hashtags and then schedule!
Remember, your Carousel post will use the Push Notification method, as Carousels can't be published with the Auto Post method.
What do I do on my phone once it's time to post?
When the scheduled time comes, you'll receive a notification on your phone (make sure to have the Tailwind mobile app installed) where you'll be able to make any final changes to the caption or hashtags before opening up Instagram to post.
Then, you can select Post Now at the bottom of the post and the images will be saved to your phone's photo library and the caption/hashtags will be saved to your phone's clipboard.
- Once you're in Instagram, choose to post to Feed, then select the "Carousel" option which looks like a stacked card icon in the lower right-hand corner.
- Then, just select the images that got saved to your phone from Tailwind, click Next to add filters, choose to share to Facebook or other social accounts, and finally, tap in the empty caption field to paste the caption/hashtags from your clipboard before hitting Share to send to your feed!
- After hitting Post Now you'll be taken to your IG Profile page where you will need to select the square at the bottom with the + in the middle to open up your photos.
- Next, you'll choose the Select Multiple option and tap each of the carousel photos that were saved to your phone's photos. Finish adding any final touches and tap in the empty caption field to paste the caption/hashtags from your clipboard before hitting Share to post!
Why did only a single image appear when I got a notification?
- Due to the way push notifications work, the additional images will be saved to your phone's photo library. Once you get taken to Instagram, you can then select those additional images when you create a Carousel post.
Why did my caption disappear?
- When opening up Instagram during the "Post Now" process, the caption will get saved to the phone's clipboard. From here, you can tap inside the "Caption" area in the Instagram app and paste the saved caption.
Where did all the other features go when making posts?
- If you're looking for features like adding hashtags in first comment, tagging other users, cross-posting to Facebook/Pinterest, or adding a location, those features are only available with single posts that use auto post.
Have any other questions? Get in touch with our customer support team at email@example.com!