Making the most out of your Loops
One of the most important things you can do to grow your exposure on Pinterest is to check in on your content's performance. We recommend checking in at least every 2-4 weeks. We've made the process of refreshing your existing content a little easier with SmartLoop stats and filters.
Refreshing the images for your best content is a great way to get more exposure. New images tend to see greater engagement than sharing the same image again.
How do you find those best performing Pins? Follow the steps below:
- In the left hand column of the Tailwind Dashboard, select the SmartLoop Tab.
- Select a Loop in the left list of Loops. This will show you information and performance for this individual Loop. (Tip: most Tailwind members organize their Loops by content category. This helps them understand the performance for an entire category's content)
- Choose "Repins per Pin: highest first" in the sort dropdown.
- Look at the Repins / Pin number for Pins at the top of the Loop to see which Pins are performing above average. If the Pin has already been published once or twice to each of the Boards in your Loop, consider creating a new image that links to the same content to "refresh" the Pin.
Wondering what to do with your lowest performing content? Resharing the same pins that haven't performed well can create a negative experience for your audience. Before you throw in the towel, you can give them new life with the following process:
- Choose "Repins per Pin: lowest first" in the sort dropdown.
- Look at the Repins / Pin number for Pins at the top of the Loop to see which Pins are performing below average. If the Pin has already been published once or twice to each of the Boards in your Loop, consider creating a new image that links to the same content to "refresh" the Pin.
Stuck on ideas for refreshing your images? Check these out:
- Try a different font for your text on the image - clear fonts in larger sizes work well.
- Try a different text on the image.
- Try photographs at different angles, or zoom in or out - perspective can change everything!
- Try a lifestyle image, if appropriate.
- Try images with people in them - these can be great for fashion images, though you might want to try it without a full view of the face.
- Try adding a price to your Pins - you may get fewer click through, but more conversions!
- Add subtle branding - preferably at the bottom center.
- Lean on seasonal and everyday moments - can you repurpose your pecan pie recipe Pin for Thanksgiving and Christmas?
- Try a collage Pin.
Want to know how to Loop Smarter? Visit our Knowledge Base article - Smarter Looping with SmartLoop Analytics.