Instructional, tutorial, informational videos! Bring your Pinterest Boards to life by publishing video Pins! You can only schedule a video Pin via desktop. We do not support adding them to Tribes or SmartLoop at this time. Follow the steps below to get started!
Important Details about Scheduling Pinterest Video with Tailwind:
- Pinterest is currently accepting videos in English, French, and German and will add support for more languages soon.
- The aspect ratio for videos on Pinterest should be between 1:2 and 1.91:1 (1000x2000px to 1910x1000px). We also recommend making your videos square (1:1) or vertical (2:3, 9:16).
- Video length should also be no less than 4 seconds and a maximum of 15 minutes.
- The maximum file size for the video is 100MB and they can be uploaded in .mov or .mp4 formats.
- Video Pins must be reviewed by Pinterest before being published, and it may take up to 24 hours for your video Pin to be approved, so make sure they meet the Community Guidelines.
How to Publish a Video Pin to Pinterest
1. Go to the Drafts or Scheduled Pins Dashboard and select Create New Pin. Then select the Upload Photos/Videos button.
2. Find the video that you'd like to publish from the files on your computer.
3. Once you've selected your video file, the video will load and be automatically added to your Drafts Dashboard.
4. Find your video and add your Board, Description, and URL. Be mindful of a small notification at the bottom of each pin "Video Pins are reviewed by Pinterest before being published. It may take up to 48 hours for your video pin to be approved."
5. Once you add your video to the Schedule Queue, the Pin will show up with a small camera icon in the bottom left hand side of the image.
How to Schedule Videos from Youtube and Vimeo Using the Tailwind Browser Extension
You may have noticed that the Tailwind Publishing Extension doesn't show up as easily on videos, but don't fret -- we have a work around for you that will let you schedule playable videos to Pinterest.
1. Go to the YouTube or Vimeo video page you want to schedule.
2. Click on the "Share" button (located below the video), and then click "Share to Pinterest."
Helpful Tip: The share button in Vimeo will be a small paper airplane icon in the top right-hand corner of the video.
3. Click on the Tailwind Schedule button in the new window that pops up.
4. And there you have it, a draft Pin ready for you to schedule!
Helpful Tip: You can also schedule motion-GIFS and we'll publish just as you expect -- in motion!