Ready to start scheduling across the web? You'll want Tailwind's Publishing Extension for Safari! We've included step-by-step instructions below, as well as how to remove it and troubleshooting tips.
Note: This article only contains help for the Safari Extension, please see our other articles for help with Firefox or Chrome extensions. Tailwind does not support Internet Explorer, Opera, or Edge browsers.
How to Install the Extension
We recommend that you get the Tailwind Safari Extension from the Mac App Store.
1. Visit the Tailwind Extension in the Mac App Store. (Click View in Mac App Store if it doesn't open automatically)
2. Click Install and then Open. (You may be asked to enter your iTunes account password by the Mac App Store)
3. In the small window that pops up, click Enable Tailwind Extension. This will add the extension to Safari.
4. You should be shown the Extensions preferences in Safari. Make sure that Tailwind Publisher is checked!
5. All set! Your new extension for Safari is now installed, and you'll find it at the top left of your browser, and whilst hovering over large images!
- You might have heard it being called as a Plug-in, Add-on, Bookmark or the Tailwind button; they are all essentially a different name for the same thing
How to Remove the Extension
Maybe you are having troubles while using the extension? If so, removing it and installing a new version is always the first step- way to go! If you are looking to remove the extension entirely, we're sorry to hear that but I do hope you'll let us know what you thought about it.
- Go to your Safari Extensions Menu (located in Safari's Preferences and Settings).
- Find Tailwind Publishing Extension and click the Uninstall button to remove the extension from your browser.
Troubleshooting issues with the Extension
Oh-no! Having troubles with using the extension, not to worry these common fixes almost always fixes things right up. If not, please contact us right away and we'll be happy to help!
- The first thing we always recommend is to remove the extension and to try a new fresh install. Please see above for instructions on how to first Remove the Extension and how to Install the Extension.
- The second thing we suggest is to clear the cache, or previous stored versions, of the extension from Safari. Go to Safari's tool bar and click Safari, select Clear History and in the pop-up box click Clear History.
Helpful Tip: We also recommend choosing all history from the clear drop-down.
3. Other questions you can ask yourself to see if there might be a problem are: Do I have other extensions installed that could make Tailwind's not work? Does the Pinterest Pinning extension also product the same troublesome result?